Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Finding the R in SAMR


Being a part of the edtech community for the last few years has brought me into contact with the SAMR Model (in short, SAMR is the tech version of DOK or Bloom; SAMR 120 second videoSAMR Article with examples) numerous times. In fact, I cannot recall the first time, as it was several years ago. However, I recently discovered that most educators have never heard of the SAMR Model. This was an "aha" moment for me. As we all transition to a 1:1 (one internet accessible device per student in the classroom) environment, models like SAMR will be essential in transforming our pedagogical strategies to take advantage of our new access to the internet. 

Below is the Slides from a PD session I have been doing recently. The SAMR model is briefly explained and four strategies along the continuum are explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment